Coach Ty Here again. For today's Blog we are going to get into a topic that is so simple, and we all know it, but it usually is the first thing we forget about or sacrifice when our schedules get really busy.
That topic is.......Hydration and why it is so important!
Before we get started Motiv8ers watch this quick 3 minute video to learn what happens to your body when you are not fully hydrated.
Wow that's crazy right. And Motiv8ers remember this month we are doing a hydration challenge. Check out the message below from coach Joe with some more facts on why it is important to stay hydrated and a reminder about the challenge. Then some more awesome tips at the bottom.
Why hydration? Because:
- Initial weight loss is largely due to loss of water, and you need to drink an adequate amount of water in order to avoid dehydration.
- The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process.
- Burning calories creates toxins (think of the exhaust coming out of your car), and water plays a vital role in flushing them out of your body.
- Dehydration causes a reduction in blood volume; a reduction in blood volume causes a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles; and a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles can make you feel tired.
- Water helps maintain muscle tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract, and it lubricates your joints.
- Proper hydration can help reduce muscle and joint soreness when exercising.
- A healthy (weight loss) diet includes a good amount of fiber. But while fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it.
- Drinking water with a meal may make you feel full sooner and therefore satisfied eating less. Note, however, that drinking water alone may not have this effect. In order to feel satiated (not hungry), our bodies need bulk, calories and nutrients.
I weigh 150lbs so for me that would be about 75 ounces of water a day. Keep in mind that this is JUST the amount you should drink at minimum. So if you're sweating a LOT (like at your SET) you will need to drink more!
Next lets talk about a drink you should have every morning right when you wake up...
Gang your morning routine right when you wake up is so important. It can make or break your whole day. I'll be talking about this in another blog post soon but there is one thing you can start adding to your morning right now that is so important to your health and that is......
Check out this article to learn why....http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/11-benefits-lemon-water-you-didnt-know-about.html
Most important benefit of lemon Water, for me, is the concept of alkalinity. Which is the process of neutralizing the acid in the body. Check out the article and look at number 8.
If you want to learn more about alkalizing your body then check out this article. especially the part about food....."The Truth About Alkalizing Your Blood".......http://drbenkim.
Lastly what is the best way I like to stay Hydrated!?!?!?!?
Well of course with a large slice of Watermelon! =)
Afternoon Motiv8ers it is getting hot out and having a large portion of watermelon an hour or two before your workout is a great way to get hydrated and give you the energy you need to work hard at your Motiv8 SET! Try it out.
So crew Hydrate up and lets continue being so EPICALLY AWESOME!! =)
Crew Stay EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!
Coach Ty Out!