Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Time to Smash Your Limiting Beliefs!

Happy Hump Day Motiv8ers,

Coach Ty here and are you ready to get inspired? =)  So hope this post gets you off your feet and gets you fired up to take control of your fitness journey.  Lets get started.

So as a fitness coach one of the biggest things I do is help folks conquer and realize their limiting beliefs about themselves.

Limiting beliefs are thoughts that you believe to be true that are holding you back from taking action on the actions you need to take in order to reach your goals.

Remember this, whatever you say to yourself, say to others, and truly believe will be your reality.  So be careful of what you say because it might be holding you back from reaching your full potential.

For example, for many years I used to tell myself and others that I am not a fast runner because I don't have a background in track and field from high school and college.  I would say that is why I focus on ultra distances instead of 10ks, 5ks, and marathons because you don't have to be fast to be successful in an ultra you just have to be consistent and strong.

But where did that conclusion come from?  No one told me that I couldn't be successful in 10ks and 5ks without a track background.  I just came up with that conclusion on my own but it wasn't based off of any real hard data.

And, just saying the phrase "I am not a fast runner" prevented me from even trying.

Then one day during the summer of last year I asked myself.

"Why cant I be fast?  Why am I holding myself back from something I want to accomplish?  Why haven't I ever tried?"

Then in that moment I said, "I will be fast and nothing is going to hold me back!"  I shifted my mindset and what happened next was awesome.  I started to do speed workouts that I had never done before.  I started tracking my times and started trying my hardest to beat those times each week.  Then after about 2 months of hard work I ran my first sub-18 minute 5k. It was such a magical experience.  I surprised myself so much and I was so amazed that I could run times that quick. My mind was blown. Then I won a 30k trail race, ran the 3M half marathon at a 6:30 avg. pace and probably my biggest accomplishment in running fast was coming in second at the F1 track 10k. I finished in just a little over 39 minutes. It was an awesome experience and all it took was accepting the fact that I wasn't going to hold myself back anymore and I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.  I just have to believe and tell others about it as well.

So I have a challenge for you.  Right now think about all of the huge goals you want to accomplish.  They can be unrealistic too.  Just go crazy with your imagination.  Then in that moment pay attention to the thoughts that come up that tell you why you can't do the action you just wished you could.  They will come up.  Try it.

Those thoughts are your limiting beliefs.  You need to let them go, smash them, and throw them away.  Those thoughts aren't helping anyone.  In order for you to become the person you always dreamed of you can't have negative thoughts getting in your way because.....

Remember this: whatever you say to yourself, say to others, and truly believe will be your reality.  So be careful of what you say because it might be holding you back from reaching your full potential.

Lastly Crew there is one last part to this equation to becoming the person you want to be.

That is.....you have to accept being UNCOMFORTABLE!

Once you decide what it is you want to accomplish or do and you smash your limiting beliefs towards that task you have one last thing to conquer and that is being uncomfortable.


It is UNCOMFORTABLE to do speed workouts when you haven't ever done them before, it is uncomfortable to change your diet when you are used to eating a certain way, it is uncomfortable to change your routine and add a new workout regiment, and it is uncomfortable when you are trying to become a new person that thinks more positively.  When making new changes in your life these changes can cause stress, frustration, and even pain.  They will make you feel very uncomfortable. But without that discomfort you will never grow and become stronger.

So here is what I like to say....

"Embrace the suck, put your head down, and keep moving forward because success waits for those who get uncomfortable and never lets anything get in the way of their dreams!!!"

Motiv8ers I hope this post helps you fight your inner demons and remember you are not in this alone.  You have one awesome community of Motiv8ers supporting you.  Embrace your community and I'll see you at your Motiv8 SET.

Stay EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!

P.S. Recipes coming soon for the 28 day Motiv8 Clean Eating Challenge and if you are adopting the challenge post below and let's start helping each other!

P.S.S. If you need help with a plan to conquer your goals now that your limiting beliefs are gone reach out to your Motiv8 Coach.  We are here to help!

Coach Ty Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment