Sunday, November 5, 2017

How to Become More Productive


Motiv8ers, are you finding yourself not being able to stay productive through out the day or week?  Are you finding yourself cheating on your clean eating challenge and wondering why cheated? Are you finding it hard to motiv8 yourself or make time for your Motiv8 Workouts? If so, then this Motiv8 tip will definitely help.

Have you ever heard of the phrase,"Decision Fatigue?"

Think of your brain as a muscle just like the muscle in your bicep. Each day that muscle (your brain) has only so much mental strength or energy that it can use through out the day. You can train it to be stronger but it can only do so much.
So if you have a limited amount of mental energy each day, you want to make sure you use it for what is important right?  Things like:
-Making decisions for your job
-Finishing job tasks
-Talking to clients
-Making the right decisions for your family
-Focusing on taking those small steps each day to push your dreams forward

All of these things need our attention but many of us find ourselves in a constant state of being unproductive and not having anytime to do what is important. Do you know why this is?

Because many of us waste our mental energy trying to make little decisions in the moment that we should have planned out ahead of time.  For example:
-What am I going to wear today
-What should I have for breakfast
-What should I have for lunch
-Should I workout today or not
-What task do I need to do next
-Do I go to grocery store now or after work

Motiv8ers, if you wait too long to decide the above tasks, you could end up making the wrong decision and making yourself frustrated in the process.


Which brings me to my main point.....The more decisions you have to make in your day, the less productive you will be. The more you plan out your day and the less decisions you have to make in the moment, the more productive you will be. FACT.


So crew, take out the small decisions in your day and be more productive. The night before you go to bed, take out a note pad and spend a few minutes mapping out your whole day. What are you going to eat, when are you going to workout, what clothes are your going to wear. Plan it all out.

Then in the moment you will have a less chance of making the wrong choice because the decision of what to do has already been made. You just look at your plan and execute.
This can be tied into your diet as well. If you wait for the moment to choose what you are going to eat most of the time you will pick the wrong choice that isn't healthy for you at all. But if you prep your meals the night before or plan on going somewhere healthy for lunch you will be more likely to be successful, allowing yourself to be happier and healthier.
For Example: Last Sunday I went to the grocery store and bought a ton of food for the 28 Day Clean Eating Challenge. That night I prepped my meals and planned out when I was going to cook later in the week. So far I am on my third day of not spending any extra money on food and I have been eating really well.  And this productivity is paying off.  My energy has been great, I've been saving money, and I can definitely tell I am healing faster from workouts, which is great too.  Here was my grocery pic.
 
Motiv8ers, prepping and planning out my meals for the week is new for me.  I am usually a day by day kind of person when it comes to food. I do eat healthy the majority of the time, but it's hard to skip the the foods that look super tasty when you go to Tacodeli or the pre-made food section in Whole Foods. So this challenge is definitely forming some new healthy habits for me that I know are going to stick, help me be a better athlete, be even healthier, and be more productive.  Hope you take on the challenge as well. =)



Crew, plan out your day before it happens so you can be productive, healthy, and the happiest person you can be.  Don't wait for the moment to make the small decisions in your life.



PLAN YOUR DAY BEFORE IT HAPPENS AND FIND YOURSELF BECOMING SUCCESSFUL!


Stay EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!

Coach Ty Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment