Coach Ty here with a quick tip.
Motiv8ers are you finding it hard this time of year to stay motiv8ed to show up to your workouts or to stay on top of that nutrition plan so you can see the results you want?
I know I do sometimes. But, over the past few months working with you and going through the Motiv8 Clean Eating Challenge that we did in March I have developed some steps that were super effective in helping me, and a few of you, to stay on top of our goals, nutrition plan, and not allow ourselves to cheat. There were still bad days but those bad days were much less then before.
First, I want to share some phrases with you that I hear a lot.
- "Ty I have gained weight and I know what to do to get it off again but I just can't find the Motiv8ion to stay consistent. My life is just so busy"
- "Ty I need to get onto some type of nutrition plan but it is just hard to stay consistent."
- "Ty my problem isn't knowing what to do to get into shape it is finding the time each week to stay consistent to a plan."
- "Ty sometimes I have a hard time staying Motiv8ed. I am just tired. Work is crazy."
Everyone knows what to do to be fit and healthy but they just can't seem to find the time or Motiv8ion to stay consistent.
And Motiv8ers, lets get real for a second. You have the time, but the problem is your health isn't important to you yet. Ask yourself right now. Is your HEALTH important? The answer should be YES! You will make time, and find time, for the things that are important to you. So make yourself a priority and lets get busy.
Remember consistency is key. So what do you do?
There are 3 simple steps that you need to do, that I did over the past few months, that will help you stay consistent. Those 3 steps are......
- Write Down Your Plan.
- Schedule Your Plan into Your Schedule.
- Tell Everyone about Your Plan for Accountability.
Motiv8ers today I challenge you to take on the steps below. Will you take on the challenge to help you be more consistent and start seeing the results you want? Will you finally take control of your life?
Will it be a struggle? YES. Because you will be working on changing habits and routines. But if you can fight through that struggle, you will be so much happier in the long run. Remember it only takes 20 days to form a new habit so that struggle won't last long. Just hang in there.
Ok, lets get started. Here are the 3 steps that you should take right now to help you accomplish anything you are struggle to get done.
- Write Down Your Plan- First what is it that you want to accomplish? Write it down. It can be anything. Then write down why you haven't accomplished it. What is getting in the way? How can you work around those problems? Once you have acknowledged the problem areas then write down what you need to do each day to make your goal become a reality. What are the steps you need to take each day to make it happen. Write out the plan. If you need help with this step let your Motiv8 Coach know. Once you have your plan move on to the next step.
- Schedule Your Plan Into Your Day and Weeks- If you have read my blog post titled "Ty's Personal Experience with the Clean Eating Challenge" you will know that this step was a crucial part in helping me be successful. Without it, I never would have been able to take on the Clean Eating Challenge and be successful. Step one, put your plan into your schedule. When will you be doing your steps each day? Give your steps an exact time each day. Step two, only do those steps during that time. Don't multitask. Do not let anything get in the way of that task. it is just as important as a work meeting. Everyone has time to accomplish anything, you just have to make time and schedule that time. Once you have your daily schedule mapped out move on to the last step.
- Tell Everyone about Your Plan for Accountability- This step is the number one most important step. You need accountability. Without it you will find ways to justify cheating on your plan and you will find yourself saying these words, "I just have to cheat today. I need it to relieve some stress. I'll get back on track on Monday." But then you find yourself never getting back on track. So what do you do? Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your fellow Motiv8ers you workout with, and tell your Motiv8 Coach about your plan. If you have people that you want to make proud, and not let down, you will not cheat on your goals or steps. That is a FACT! Motiv8ers use the people around you to help you stay accountable and Motiv8ed. Start now with asking for help. Remember we are all in this together.
Remember these steps will help you form new healthy habits that will help you accomplish all kinds of things like eating better, maybe quit smoking, getting into better shape, or start cooking your own meals, etc. No matter what your plan is make sure to schedule it into your day and then share it with others. Those are the only way you will accomplish your new plan.
Trust me these simple steps will get you back on track and help you stay Motiv8ed! =)
Motiv8ers stay EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!
Coach Ty Out!
See you at your SET!