Sunday, January 1, 2017

What Will You ALLOW In 2017?

Hi Motiv8ers,

Now that 2018 is upon us, I want to share a word with you that will be my mantra to help me accomplish my goals this year.

ALLOW!!

Many of us have dreams and desires. What are some of yours? Is it to go on a huge trip? Accomplish a huge goal? Start a business? Become the person you have always wanted to be both physically, mentally, and financially? Don't be realistic...

Be UNREALISTIC!

What is a dream you have always wanted to accomplish and would make you so happy?

Think about it...

How does the idea make you feel? Did you get a huge smile just thinking about it? Did you get overly excited by just the thought of doing that dream?

So why haven't you done it yet?

Why do you feel like it is out of your reach?

Back in 2015, I had a dream to run a 100 mile race. But every time I thought about running 100 miles, I would think about all the reasons or excuses why I couldn't run 100 miles!!

"I need to be more financially stable."
"I want to wait until I have been injury free for a while."
"I want to wait until I have enough time to train for it."
"I just don't feel strong enough to do it yet."

Motiv8ers, these reasons were all limiting beliefs. Limiting beliefs that I came up with on my own.  No one else told me these things. No one else was telling me to wait. I was holding myself back and resisting the process. In the beginning of 2015 I finally got fed up and told myself that I had to make this happen. So I decided that I was going to do it and I allowed myself to adopt the process to prepare for it.

That's all it took. Making the conscious decision that I was going to do it and ALLOWING myself to not resist the process.

I thought about the steps I needed to take. I found a coach to help me, found support to keep me motiv8ed, and every day I executed. I stopped allowing negative self talk to prevent me from taking action. And since changing my mindset, I have completed two 100 mile races. =) Yes, there were struggles along the way, but I stayed focused on the goal and I found the way to make it happen.

My big point here is that I made it happen! I didn't wait for the right time and I didn't wait for someone to help me. I MADE IT HAPPEN! Yes, others gave me support and helped me with getting through the race, but I was the one that put that support in place so I could accomplish my dream. I didn't wait for the support to come to me.

In Motiv8, I hear from many clients who are new or who have stopped for a while and are interested in coming back:

"I am scared that I'll be the slowest in the group."
"Everyone else will be in better shape."
"I don't want to hold anyone back."
"I have just been tired and can't find the motiv8ion to start or start again."

My answer to this is: STOP. Stop holding yourself back. Why are you letting negative thoughts control you? No one cares about your insecurities, but they do care about YOU. They want you to become the best and strongest person you can be. Everyone has insecurities from time to time, but not everyone lets these insecurities stop them from being GREAT. So stop resisting and just ALLOW yourself to show up and follow the process. Your Coach and fellow Motiv8ers will lead you and guide you to becoming GREAT.

Motiv8ers, be right there with me! Stop resisting and start ALLOWING!


So, Motiv8ers, what are you going to ALLOW in 2018?

Post below about your dreams and let's get this wheel rolling. First step is talking about what your dreams are. Come to SET and we can talk more about it.  =)


Crew, Stay EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!

Coach Ty Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment