Monday, April 16, 2018

The Power of Owning You!

The Power of Owning Who You Want to Be!

Motiv8ers, I am going to try to keep this short. You've all heard this phrase before, but I want to come at it in a different way. I hope it will help you take it more seriously or Motiv8 you to own up to the type of person you really want to be.

A few weeks back I was listening to the  Rich Roll podcast with Susan David, PH.D. She stated a fact on why so many of us have a hard time changing ourselves and giving into temptations around us.
She stated that if you sit next to someone eating a bag of candy you are 70% more likely to go buy the same bag of candy. She also said that if you don't have goals and morals, morals meaning the type of person you want to be, you are 70% more likely to engage in the same activity as everyone else around you.

Basically, you become the product of your environment!

Think about it. How many times have you done something that you are not proud of just because everyone else was doing it? I can think of a lot of situations in my past that I am not proud of. I didn't want to do something, but I did it because my friends were.

How do you break out of this trap? How do you start saying no and start doing what you believe is right?

You carefully and aggressively define who you want to be and OWN IT!

Let's lay it out simply!

Step #1 Define & Share Your Morals.

Let's start with the definition of morals: a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.

Sit down with a piece of paper and carefully write down the type of person you want to be.
  • Do you want to eat healthier? How are you going to eat healthier? What does that look like?
  • Do you want to be more productive? How are you going to be more productive?
  • Do you want to be fit and healthy? How are you going to be more fit and healthy? What activities will make that happen?
  • How do you want to treat others? Do you want to be a kind person that uplifts others? What does that look like?

Many of us never fully define the person we truly want to be. Instead, we constantly follow in the foot steps of others hoping we will eventually be strong enough to find ourselves. Or hoping that those people will help us find ourselves, but that never works. You have to do the work yourself!

For me, I have some very strong morals that I won't let anyone break them. I label myself as vegan which helps me stay away from food that I believe is bad for my body. I label myself as a fit healthy runner which keeps me eating right and exercising regularly. And, I constantly tell myself that I am fit, energetic, confident, and want to help others. This helps me stay in a positive mindset and strive to help others.

I remind myself of these morals everyday. You might do that too, but there is one thing that many of DON'T do!

Not only do I clearly define my own morals, but I TELL others about my morals! Everyone knows who I am and they won't dare try to persuade me toward something that I don't believe in. They understand who I am and they help support me to be the type of person that I want to be.

I see so many clients state their morals to me but never share those morals with their friends or family. Then in their day-to-day lives, they don't ACT upon those morals. Why are we scared to share who we really want to be? Are we fearful of what everyone else might think of us? Or are we really not ready to change, even though our current selves aren't the best we can be?

Ask yourself these questions and learn how to push past your limiting beliefs. Waiting for someone else to give you permission to be the person you want to be will never happen. State who you want to be to the whole world and start living and owning it despite what others think!

Crew, find your morals, tell others about it, own up to it, and stop hiding from the person you want to be!

You might find that by doing this, you find a new energy in life. And you might even help inspire others along the way. BE YOU! =)


Step #2 Define & Share Your Goals! 

This step is the easy one. All of us have had goals in the past but how many of us have actually accomplished them? When you set a goal, follow the 2 steps below to actually make it happen!


First Define the goal:

Saying you want to loose a few pounds is great. But what does that look like? What are you going to do every day to accomplish that goal? What time are you going to workout? When are you going to eat your healthy meals? When are you going to prep your healthy meals? How are you going to stay accountable to your healthy new diet and exercise program?

Last week I heard this phrase from a Motiv8er. 

Goals are just dreams until you set a date and plan it into your schedule!



Crew once you clearly define how you are going to accomplish your goal your chances of cheating on your new diet or skipping a workout greatly decreases!

Second Share Your Goal with Others:

Your fellow Motiv8ers, friends, and family are your biggest supporters and can be used as your accountability buddies. If you are having a hard time staying consistent with your workouts and healthy meals, use the people around you. Don't shy away from letting others know what you are trying to accomplish. Ask them to help support you everyday!

This sounds silly, but you might be surprised about how much easier it is to stay consistent when you have others helping you. =)


Crew, this is your Motiv8ion for today. Post how you have stayed Motiv8ed toward being true to your healthy lifestyle!

For Today.....



Crew Stay EPIC and Don't Forget To Be AWESOME!

Coach Ty Out!










3 comments:

  1. In addition, if you continue going with your diet and a suitable nutrition, the outcomes are guaranteed to be permanent. If you are more curious about Supplement Reviews - Highest Quality Supplements on The Market then you can learn more about it on phenqguide.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. health tips and products"Natural cures / Home Remedy is one of the best alternatives of medicine therapy which does not have side effects, safe for the body, and help you live long."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the knowledge! As I love fitness and I appreciate your great efforts in writing this blog. Keep it up and try to give us update regularly.

    10 Ways To Lose Weight Through Yoga Practice

    ReplyDelete