Coach Ty here again and I have one question for you....
Have you started counting your fiber yet?
Motiv8ers our fiber challenge is underway for April and I have already seen so many of you posting on facebook on how much fiber you are having each day and that is awesome! Thank you for jumping into the challenge Motiv8ers.
In the future we will go into more detail about Calories, Protein, Fats, and Carbohydrates but for right now keep taking those small steps each day to counting just your fiber and trying to put more real whole plant based foods into your diet. Just taking this first step in improving your diet will have such a huge impact on your life. PROMISE!!
Ok now watch this short 3 minute video to learn just a little bit more about fiber and generate that Motiv8ion to jump in on the challenge.
Lastly Crew, before I let you go, I have a couple of food guidelines that I want you to try and do every day for the month of April while you are doing this challenge.
Fiber Guidelines and Habits to do Each Day!!
- Make sure to drink plenty of water through out your day. 8 glasses at least.
- have at least 1 serving of legumes each day. Legumes are lentils and all types of beans. Most legumes have at least 7 to 8 grams of fiber per serving which will ensure you get your daily intake of fiber.
- Have at least 3 to 5 serving of any type of fruit every day. I do recommend 5 to 10 serving but at least 3 to 5. Make sure this fruit is the whole fruit. Do not juice the fruit. You can put the fruit into a smoothie but no juicing. Juicing takes away the fiber
- Have at least two serving of a complex Carbohydrate. This would be whole grains like Brown Rice, Barely, Oats, etc. and putting potatoes like sweet potatoes into this category is ok too.
- Make sure to have 2 to 3, or even more, servings of vegetables every day. Now look sometimes vegetables can get a little expensive. So if you are going to pick one type of vegetable to eat each day I would go with dark leafy greens. You can make a green smoothie out of them. =) We have a blog post on Green Smoothies as well. Check it out under the label Nutrition Tips.
Crew start counting your fiber. If you have questions post below or bug your Motiv8 Coach.
Keep Being EPIC and Don't Forget to Be AWESOME!
Coach Ty Out!